Cold Weather Coordinator/Case Manager
POSITION Coordinator/Case Manager
DEPARTMENT Homeless to Home Cold Weather Care Initiative, Homeless Prevention Services
REPORTS TO Executive Director/ Senior Case Manager,
Almost Home, Inc. Brighton, CO 80601
DEADLINE: September 13, 2009
This position has two separate areas of responsibility:
1) Coordinator for Adams County’s Emergency Cold Weather Shelter Program October 1st through March 31, 2009. Coordinator will oversee the program’s Pilot year and facilitate additional development and coordination needed to carry out the program. Coordinator will activate the Emergency Shelter Network on cold weather nights, and will coordinate with all participating Adams County Service Providers and churches in order to provide emergency shelter and referral services.
2) Case Manager of Almost Home client services, in accordance with Almost Home’s policy, and with state and federal law. The Case Manager shall coordinate the delivery of services for children and families within Hughes Station and others receiving services from Almost Home, Inc. This includes (but is not limited to) the design and development of individualized case management plans, organization of collaborative efforts with other partners and coordinated case management with these partner organizations.
The Cold Weather Coordinator/Case Manager is a salaried position expected to regulate his/her work hours so that the duties of the position are met within a forty (40) hours work week.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Cold Weather Coordinator/Case Manager
• Responsible for working with the existing planning teams to develop and carry out a sustainable Emergency Cold Weather Plan.
• To be the primary point person for activating the Plan and assuring that the shelter and case management services are provided in a timely and professional manner.
• To evaluate and modify the Plan as needed to meet the needs of the area’s homeless and to work with the participating non-profits, service providers, churches and other stakeholders to reach our goal of safe shelter for all Adams County Residents, especially during frigid winter weather.
• Develop and maintain the linkages necessary to maintain and expand the service delivery component of the Plan.
• Be flexible and resourceful in meeting the demands of this Emergency Plan and be available, as needed, to oversee its operation.
• Work effectively with our faith community partners to maximize their contributions to the Plan.
• Provide Case Management intake, screening and provide referrals to the Homeless Individuals and Families who seek assistance from this Program.
• Work successfully with a diverse team of volunteers and professionals to carry out the Plan.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Almost Home, Inc. Case Manager
• Responds to telephone calls, letters, and walk-in applicants for services.
• Responsible for screening, intake, assessment, and disposition of families and individuals.
• Manages a caseload of clients, primarily low-income families and individuals.
• Provides direct services, primarily case advocacy, using a case management approach to service delivery.
• Provides information, referral services, and consultation to staff in other agencies.
• Develops and maintains resource files and program statistics.
• Identifies emerging public policy and legal issues affecting clients and participates in implementing agency advocacy strategies.
• Provides case material for agency policy and fund-raising activities and occasionally for the media.
• Handles other projects as assigned by supervisor
JOB QUALIFICATIONS :
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field required, Master preferred.
• Minimum two (2) years related experience required. Experience should include case advocacy/case management with low-income clients, preferably in a community based setting and working with Homeless Individuals & Families preferred.
• Knowledge of Emergency Housing & Homelessness very helpful.
• Knowledge of employment and/or housing resources in Adams County a plus.
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
• Experience collaborating within the Faith Community and working with volunteers a plus.
Proven, effective communication skills both verbally and written. Forming collaborative service agreements (MOU’s), Grant writing and performance reporting. Bi-lingual preferred.
Must be able to use a computer (Microsoft Software, including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point), printer, fax machine, telephone, copy machine, cell phone and calculator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
For Cold Weather Coordinator/Case Manager
• Work with Team at developing sustainable Cold Weather Plan for Adams County
• Administer and oversee all aspects of the Emergency Plan from activation forward
• Work with area churches in gaining their participation in housing individuals and families in cold weather emergency situations
• Be flexible in your schedule to allow you to manage the Plan on evenings and weekends. Carry 24 hour cell phone during cold weather emergencies.
• Work with families in formulation Case Management Plan for transition from homelessness and provide referrals as needed to service providers
For Case Manager Position
• Functional Assessment of new move-in families (within two weeks of move in). Use of Family Assessment Tool.
• Completed Family Case Management Plan (within one month of move-in).
• Locate service providers who can supply supportive services in a individual or group setting as required by Client Family needs.
• Formulation of MOU’s and scheduling the needed services.
• Culturally Relevant Service Plan (initial plan within one month of service initiation).
• Crisis Response Plan (initial plan within one week of service initiation).
• Termination Summary prepared within 30 days of move-out.
• Participation in Individualized Education Plans and educational services.
• Individual case management sessions with families and children when appropriate.
• Work with Volunteers at Intake site and with churches as need to train and monitor their performance
• Coordination and shared leadership of staff meetings.
• Training of staff in implementation of Family Case Management Plan components.
• Maintain all records required by funders and partners in the Emergency Cold Weather Plan
• Maintain client records in the State’s HMIS system
• Management of confidential client files as required
• Coordination of program staff and staff of collaborative agencies.
• Documentation of Case Manager interactions with families.
Send Resume and Salary Requirements to:
Terry M. Moore
Almost Home, Inc,
231 North Main Street
Brighton, CO 80601
303 659-6199 Office Phone
303 659-8859 Fax
DEADLINE: September 13th